OFWs can now transact in a one-stop shop located in SM City Cebu beginning October 7, 2016.
This is a service extended to our Overseas Filipino Workers by the Duterte administration and the Department of Foreign Affairs.
This is the first OFW one-stop-shop outside Manila, DFA plans to open more one stop shops in the provinces to bring government services closer to our OFWs based in the Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
You can transact with the following government offices in the center OWWA, POEA, SSS, Pag-IBIG, Immigration, TEIZA, CHED, PSA, MARINA, NBI, PRC, and TESDA.
- The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration will accommodate the Balik-Manggagawa (BM) Online Processing, information dissemination on other POEA programs and services.
Returning Overseas Filipino workers who wish to renew their passport can now do to so as a walk-in applicant in DFA. However, you have to take note that the first time OFWs still needs appointment scheduled via online for passport processes.
- The Social Security System will accommodate issuances of SSS number, accept employers’ reports of newly hired and additional employees, request for corrections, updating of members’ and employers’ data record, salary loans, maternity notification and reimbursements, screening and enrolment of UMID applications.
SSS will also be able to handle inquiries regarding membership, contributions, loans, benefits; and identification card status forms.
- The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration will accommodate OWWA membership processing and accommodate inquiries on their programs and services.
- The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority will provide assistance for onsite processing of applications for renewal of National Certificate (NC) or Certificate of Competency (COC).
TESDA will also be disseminating Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, as well as answer inquiries regarding TESDA’s Technical and Vocational Institutions (TVIs); Accredited Assessment Centers; and online Training Programs.
- The Bureau of Immigration will be able to answer and accommodate inquiries about overseas employment concerns and also in issuing departure clearance.
- The Home Development Mutual Fund or Pag-IBIG will be able to assist in facilitating membership registration and membership verification.
- The Philippine Statistics Authority will accept requests for and facilitate issuances of certificates on Birth, Death, Marriage, and Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) in security paper.
- The Maritime Industry Authority will issue Seafarers’ Identification and Record Book (SIRB).
- The National Bureau of Investigation will process NBI clearance for travel abroad purposes only.
- The Commission on Higher Education will attend to requests for Certification, Authentication, and Verification (CAV) of academic records and documents.
- The Professional Regulation Commission will be able to process applications for Board Examinations; initial registration for new Board Examinations passers and Professional Identification Cards renewals.
- The Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority will provide Tax Exemption Certificate (TEC) and Reduced Travel Tax Certificate, receive Travel Tax Payments; process Travel Tax Refund and queries on Travel Tax.
The location of this OFW place in Cebu is in the Government Express Center in SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City.
Visit this center and process your docs and papers with various government agencies under one roof!