Sinulog Festival is the most important religious festival in the Cebu. The festival is held in honor of the Sto Nino or the Child Jesus, the patron of the whole province. Sinulog is held every third Sunday of January.
The Sinulog Festival in Cebu is famous for its street dancing competition, fluvial parade, Sinulog Festival Queen beauty pageant, singing contests, Mardi Gras like atmosphere and fireworks display.
Image of the Sto Nino de Cebu
There are dozens of events and activities lined up for the Sinulog 2014 Festival. If you want to visit Cebu for Sinulog but does not have enough time to participate and see all the events, here is a quick guide for some of the must see events for the Sinulog 2014.
Sinulog Festival 2014 Schedule of Events and Highlights
January 9, 2014 (Thursday)
- Opening Salvo
- Walk with Jesus
January 10, 2014 (Friday)
- Sinulog Festival 2014 Kick-Off
January 11, 2014 (Saturday)
- Sinulog sa Kabataan sa Lalawigan 2014
January 12, 2014 (Sunday)
- Sinulog sa Kabataan sa Dakbayan 2014
January 15, 2014 (Wednesday)
- Miss Cebu 2014 Coronation Night
January 16, 2014 (Thursday)
- Sinulog Festival 2014 Queen Photo Shoot
January 17, 2014 (Friday)
- Walk With Mary
- Cebu Pop Festival
- Sinulog Festival Queen Competition 2014
January 18, 2014 (Saturday)
- Fluvial Procession
- Solemn Foot Procession
- 6th Sinulog Pyrofest at SM City Cebu
January 19, 2014 (Sunday)
- Sinulog Festival 2014 34th Grand Parade
- Symphony of Fire at Ayala Center Cebu
January 20, 2014 (Monday)
- Sinulog 2014 Awarding Ceremonies
January 24, 2014 (Friday)
- Hubo Ritual Mass at Basilica del Sto. Niño
Street Dancing during the Sinulog Festival in Cebu City
Sinulog Festival 2014 is just a few weeks from now, so better book your otels rooms early and look for promo airline tickets for January for Cebu.
Like us on Facebook at We LOVE Cebu for more updates on Sinulog 2014 and other events going on in the Queen City of the South!!!
Please Like and Share.